- My name (あかり) means light in Japanese, and the first Chinese character (明) means brightness and the last Chinese character (里) means home.
- My name's Japanese pronunciation and English pronunciations.
- My last name is pronounced exactly like popular Acai.
- When I am not researching, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially running, hiking and climbing.
- My friends say I'm a foodie---I love exploring new nice restaurants or spend a lot of time on cooking or baking. If you are looking for a recipe site for Japanese food in English, I highly recommend just one cook book.
- I also love watching movies & musicals and reading manga (on average, I read a few hundreds of manga books per year).
- I didn't start coding seriously until I took my first CS classes at UC Berkeley while studying abroad and switched my major from Economics to Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. I talked about my journey at a web media (in Japanese) available here.